SECURITY FOR YOUR BUSINESS AND EMPLOYEES
Are your business and employee safety threatened by a potential or active work stoppage?
In the best of situations, labor negotiations, plant closures, labor disturbances and worker strikes can have a deleterious impact on any company and its business operations. Relationships with your workforce can be turned upside down during a labor dispute. Workers, who under normal circumstances are valued employees, become adversaries who often will attempt to use any and all means they can disrupt operations and attack the reputation of the company if they believe it will help them achieve their goals. What’s more, during labor negotiations, the possibility of security breaches of your company by external, criminal actors increases.
These scenarios require professional officers trained in strike security services, a critical component of securing your facilities and protecting employees prior to and during labor disputes. Strike security officers are specifically trained for labor dispute environments; they understand the risks and threats inherent in these situations and capture evidence in compliance with the National Labor Relations Act which is your best defense against false accusations and any incidents that occur.
The time to begin planning is well in advance of a possible labor disruption. Not having a comprehensive security and business assurance plan in place in advance of any labor action is tantamount to guaranteeing bad outcomes. This is especially true if a heated environment placing the security of your employees and safety of your property at risk has arisen due to labor negotiations break down, creating
Should you find yourself in this unfortunate situation, Morrison Security can provide you with the best strike management and security services in the industry to assist your company in easing stress and minimize costly disruptions to your business.
Morrison Security is a full-service provider of well-screened, trained, and managed labor dispute personnel. With a reputation for excellence in the industry, gained over 60 years of experience meeting the labor crisis security needs of employers, we will answer your call any time of day or night and deploy strike security personnel specifically trained to handle special labor response scenarios.
Led by an experienced operations team specifically trained in dispute management, plant closure, and emergency response situations, our carefully recruited officers have the unique skills and professional philosophy required for strike security demanded by industry.
We work in cooperation with our clients, planning for any contingency. State and local laws, legal counsel, and client requests govern our methods. We provide a low confrontation, high documentation approach to strike security in order to limit client liability and prevent workplace violence. Our extensive pre-strike contingency and planning as well as our professional approach have been instrumental in breaking over 50 labor stalemates in recent years. As a result, we have become a formidable force in the industry and bargaining chip for our clients.
MORRISON SECURITY KEY FACTORS FOR LABOR DISPUTE SUCCESS
- Over the years, Morrison Security has gained great acclaim from our clients and their attorneys, as well as the negotiating teams for our labor dispute and strike management. Our success is the result of the following key factors:
- We understand the client’s operating philosophy and make every effort in fully supporting their needs.
- Through extensive pre-strike planning, we anticipate potential problems and create solutions before a strike occurs, thereby reducing disruptions.
- As with our regular security force, we provide well-screened, trained, and supervised personnel who are experienced with strike security.
- We understand the critical importance of complying with labor laws and work closely with legal counsel.
MORRISON SECURITY COMPREHENSIVE SERVICES
When you call Morrison Security to action, we become partners in protecting your interests. Our security professionals, drawing on their experience both domestically and internationally, will work with your company to implement strike security and contingency plans. Whether you need to protect one location, or multiple sites nation-wide, our thorough approach includes:
- Security and Asset Protection Analysis – Our senior protection experts conduct an on-site review of your facility to identify specific physical vulnerabilities and staffing recommendations. We will thoroughly review all business operations to organize appropriate security and logistics operations, and if viable, keep the plant running or ensure key interdependencies and contractual commitments to your customers can be met in the event of a closure.
- Staff Training – Team leaders can work with your company personnel to provide training and assistance on labor dispute management, negotiating strategies, and other useful security procedures for non-bargaining unit personnel and executives.
- Executive Protection – Our highly trained agents provide low-profile security to company owners, managers and/or family members who may be targeted for harassment during a labor dispute.
- Picket Line Security – Our highly specialized strike security officers are trained to deter picket misconduct and, when necessary, keep driveways clear using defensive formations.
- Property Protection – Designed to help prevent sabotage and/or vandalism to your facility and equipment through high visibility and deterrence.
- Secure Transportation – Dedicated to protecting drivers, trucks, and other mobile assets by deterring misconduct on the road.
- Evidence Collection – Highly specialized officers are trained in investigative and evidence gathering techniques to preserve the chain of evidence, including documentation of employee misconduct for use in injunctions, restraining order hearings, or other disciplinary purposes.
- Command and Control – Experienced site management teams can coordinate every aspect of your strike security operation.
- Advanced Technology – Morrison Security operations and management staff has expertise in leading security technology.
When your safety becomes a paramount concern, Morrison Security offers the peace of mind that comes from knowing you are protected so you can continue operating.
If you need consultation to handle these issues, don’t delay. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail. Call us for direction now!